Behavior Health Technician - #1841177
Glade Run Lutheran Services
- Work for a company that cares and receive a bonus! Behavior Health Technicians may be eligible for a $500 new hire incentive bonus if hired and meet all qualifications.
- Individuals who provide individual services through BHT shall meet ONE of the following:
- Have a certification as a BCaBA
- Have a certification as an RBT
- Have a certification as a BCAT
- Have a behavior health or behavior analysis certification from an appropriately accredited organization
- Have a high school diploma (employees qualifying in this category will be required to complete an agency-provided 40-hour RBT Task List training)
- Have two or more years of experience providing behavioral health services.
- Must have access to the audio / visual / verbal technology to provide direct services to the clients and to perform essential job functions
- Must complete and pass Crisis / Physical Intervention training (as modified for IBHS).
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to adjust hours to job requirements.
- Must have access to a telephone.
- Must be eligible for PA State Police clearance, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, FBI Clearance, Arrest / Conviction Report and Certification Form, and Act 168 forms.
- Must be able to identify with the agency Mission Statement and support the agency’s core values.
- Clinical based practices including DSM 5 diagnoses, clinical interventions, etc.
- Applied Behavior Analysis concepts
- Crisis intervention and prevention skills
- Individualized or one-on-one mental health interventions
- Child Protective Services Law
- Parenting Skills
- Juvenile Justice System
- Positive Behavior Supports
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
POSITION SPECIFIC CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Be a participating member of the child and family treatment team and coordinate efforts with other treatment team members.
- Be aware of all mental health and human service professionals involved with a child and family and be familiar with all services provided by these professionals.
- Communicate with youth, family / foster family; offer honesty, respect and a caring relationship to the child, family, and other involved staff.
- Participate in program development, BHT meetings as scheduled, and required training opportunities as requested.
- Maintain open communication in supervision with the Lead Clinician and Clinical Supervisors / Director.
- Complete and submit all paperwork in accordance with agency’s expectations.
- Implement specific interventions to assist child in developing age appropriate daily living skills and behavior repertoires.
- Must meet agency productivity standards.
Butler, PA, United States
Who We Are: Founded in 1854 by the Rev. Dr. William Passavant in Zelienople, Pennsylvania, Glade Run has evolved over the years to meet the changing and increasingly challenging needs of children, adults and families throughout Western Pennsylvania and beyond. With a focus on education, mental health, autism, and unique therapeutic offerings, Glade Run has a long tradition of linking faith and service. Last year, Glade Run served over 4,000 individuals with impactful, innovative services in school, home, and community settings.