Scheduler - #1847969
University of Pennsylvania Health System
The schedule work collaboratively with other hospital services, medical staff, and administration to ensure that quality patient care is delivered. The Scheduler performs all outpatient scheduling, registration and insurance verification functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts comprehensive patient interviews by obtaining accurate information such as Social Security Number, name, address, phone number, guarantor data and phone number, third party payer, etc., while verifying applicable information via on-line software. Assigns coordination of benefits in hospital information system.
o Verify appointment availability for each request using the current scheduling system.
- Maintains and protects the patient’s confidentiality in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Verifies eligibility and benefits and obtains authorizations/pre-certifications, and referrals when applicable
o Accurately completes MSP and ABN documentation as Necessary
o Scans necessary documentation into Patient Record in EDM
- Exemplifies customer service by answering phones and interacting with patients, staff, clinicians and visitors in a timely and pleasant manner
- Accepts changes in assignment in the spirit of good teamwork; accepts constructive feedback about performance or behaviors; demonstrates creative thinking and problem solving relating to issues or concerns.
- Assume the role of registration as needed
Education Training and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
- Previous registration and/or insurance verification experience required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Good Computer Skills. Ability to learn all software applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized, efficient work habits
- Sound analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a variety of individual in a calm, professional manner
Work Environment and Hazards
Possible risk of exposure to communicable diseases
Work Contact Group
The Chester County Hospital personnel, physicians, patients their families, vendors
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.