Facility Technician I - #1862066
Company:US0051 Sysco Central Pennsylvania, LLC
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Employment Type:Full Time
This is an Operations position responsible for assisting facility technician II & III with maintenance activities associated with general maintenance and repair of the facility, automatic retrieval systems, dock equipment, minor repair of electrical devices, light plumbing, fleet shop, and security.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures, and governing requirements
- Learn/gain knowledge of controls and electric (high and low voltage)
- Learn/complete small electrical repairs and welding projects as needed.
- Learn/gain knowledge of refrigeration operator I
- Completes all special projects associated with building or grounds, as requested. Includes but not limited to moving furniture or fixtures
- Changing lights
- Completing basic maintenance and repair needs to ensure the timely completion of all maintenance needs.
- Maintains facility assets through scheduled preventative maintenance and repair activities which includes but not limited to roof inspections and minor repairs
- Concrete and asphalt paving inspections and minor repairs
- Concrete industrial wear-slab inspections and minor repairs including joint cleaning, routing, and filling
- Product racking inspections and minor repairs
- Automatic Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) inspections and minor repairs
- Dock equipment (IE: Mechanical, electrical, hydraulic pit or vertical dock levelers; manual or electric dock doors; manual, electric, or hydraulic truck restraints; dock seals or shelters), inspections and repairs
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Responsible for logging time and materials into the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) on a daily basis in the form of work orders, P.M.s, etc.
- Assist Facility II or III with ePSM inspections and logs
- Participate in departmental on-call program, as designated
- Process work requests and turn in completed work requests in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain all tools and equipment in clean, safe, working order
- Adhere to all safety requirements and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment required by the job
- Respond to emergency situations to ensure employee and facility safety
- Champion overall safety in the department
- Comply with OSHA, and other local, state and federal regulations
- Adhere to Organization and the Facilities Department policies and procedures including appropriate attire, grooming, and attendance
- Interact effectively, build relationships, and demonstrate a high level of cooperation
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Facility maintenance tech school (preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License and provide proof of liability coverage meeting company standards.
- Complete a Sysco approved defensive driving program.
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and confined spaces.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
BENEFITS INFORMATION:In the coming weeks, you will receive information in the mail confirming your benefits eligibility and the enrollment process. In the meantime, you may visit https://syscobenefits.com/ to learn more.
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.